Beast with X Eyes
|There is an in-game bug related to this page.|
|non-combat has X+2 instead of X|
The stairway to the next room is obscured by a great shambling thing -- The Beast with (X + 2) Eyes!
|Commence to Pokin (1)|
|Beast with X Eyes|
|Hit Points||(Scales as ceiling(1.7*ceiling(basementlevel1.4)))|
|Attack||(Scales as 2*ceiling(basementlevel1.4))|
|Defense||(Scales as attack)|
This is a shambling mound of flesh covered with a great many eyes, each of which is looking at you with malice in it. It is also, as a whole, looking at you with malice in each of its many eyes. The overall effect is very, very malicious.
The Beast reaches up with a pseudopod, picks a chunk of crud from the corner of one of its eyes, and throws it at you. It hits you in the <leg>. Ouch! Argh! Eek!
The Beast blinks at you, pinching your <lower back> between its powerful eyelids. Ouch! Ugh! Ouch!
The beast gazes at you with all of its eyes. It's the most piercing gaze you've ever been at the business end of. It pierces you in the <ear>. Ow! Ugh! Ooh!
The Beast reaches up with a pseudopod, picks a chunk of crud from the corner of one of its eyes, and throws it at you. You Moxiously step out of the way, and the chunk of crud bounces harmlessly off the dungeon wall.
It tries to crush your <shoulder> between its eyelids, but you deftly slip away at the last minute.
The beast lunges at you, but you yell "Look over there!" and point behind it. You'd think it wouldn't have needed to look over there with all of its eyes, but you'd be wrong. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain Y <substat>.|
Occurs at Fernswarthy's Basement.
- X is equal to the monster attack.
- You cannot get initiative on the Beast with X eyes. It will always get the jump on you.
- You can fight it for 50 rounds, instead of the usual 30.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- The button that initiates battle with the Beast with n eyes reads "Commence to pokin'". This may be a reference to the character Jiggle Billy from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, as he typically says "Commence to jigglin'!".
- This monster strongly resembles one from D&D: the gibbering mouther.
- The message where it looks with all of its eyes is probably a reference to the D&D movie, where the main character sneaks past a beholder because all of its eyes turn to notice a distraction.