|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
You push open a door in the castle, and your breath immediately fogs up as you enter. Slabs of meat (you don't look at them closely enough to identify them) hang from hooks throughout the room, and you make your way carefully between them, trying not to touch anything.
"Ah, hello," says a voice nearby. A man in white work-clothes steps down from a small stepladder and wipes his hands on his white butcher's apron, smearing the front of it with red. "I didn't know we had visitors."
"What's with all the meat?" you ask. "I thought it was just vampires around here."
"That's true," the man replies, "but the meat has to go somewhere after we've drained the blood out of it. Waste not, want not!" He grins, showing pointed fangs. "Come over this way. I still have a few empty hooks here in the back."
He bites you on the neck, turning your digestive and circulatory systems into the world's most efficient beer fridge. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He bites you on the neck, and you can feel your blood turning into blood-flavored Slushy. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He bites you on the neck. It feels like being stabbed with two little icicles! And then having your blood sucked out. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
The vampire bites you. You now contain a very large and elaborate blood popsicle. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He bites you on the neck, but your blood freezes so quickly that he can't suck any of it out. This seems like a huge miscalculation on his part.
The vampire tries to bite your lower back, but misses. Brr! His breath is really cold!
He tries to bite your neck, but you're shivering too hard for him to get an accurate bite in.
He tries to bite you on the head, but the last thing you want is a head -sicle.
The vampire tries to bite your <ankle>, but misses. Brr! His breath is really cold!
He announces his intention to bite your feet. Initially you're okay with that, but then you get cold feet, and cancel. I mean, you were bound to get cold feet either way, so... god this joke is dumb.
The vampire tries to bite your arm, but misses. Brr! His breath is really cold!
The vampire stops to rub his hands together a bit, while alternating between mutters of "Brr!" and "Blah!" (FUMBLE!)
Your blood turns to ice water, which the vampire drinks.
|You lose 1-10 hit points.|
|Enemy regains 10 HP|
|You acquire an item: Freddy Kruegerand|
|You acquire an item: Dreadsylvanian Almanac page (.1% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: remorseless knife (.1% chance)*|
|You gain ??? <substat>.|
Occurs at Dreadsylvanian Castle
- This monster cannot be copied.
- The Freddy Kruegerand and Dreadsylvanian Almanac page drops are not affected by item drop modifiers. They are similar to the beer lens drop and drops from crates. In particular, they can still drop after being stomped.
- Every round, vampires suck your blood, healing themselves.
- Your blood turns to ice water, which the vampire drinks.
- The vampire throws an ice-cold arm around your windpipe, and freezes your larynx while crushing it.
- The vampire buries his ice-cold fangs into your neck, turning your blood into a delicious (for him) slurpee.
- The vampire sinks his ice-cold fangs into your neck, slurping your half-frozen blood.
- The vampire's stare chills you to the bone, and the vampire drinks the chilled bone marrow.
- The vampire's fingernails--so long and sharp they're almost talons--are as cold as unconsecrated earth as they dig into your neck.
- The vampire's soulless gaze chills the very marrow of your bones. It turns out "Marrow-flavored Gelato" is one of the vampire's favorite treats.
- The vampire's hands are cold as the grave, making a grave problem for you when they close around your neck.
- The vampire sucks the heat, and the blood, from your body.
- The vampire's breath is as cold as ice as he sucks your soul into his fanged maw.
- If any elements are banished, starting combat with a cold Dreadsylvanian adds turns of Chilled to the Bone, giving one of the messages:
- You shudder in the chilly air.
- The joints in your knees start to creak from the horrible cold.
- Your breath steams in the frigid air.
- You gasp as the freezing air burns your lungs.
- You briskly rub your arms, trying to warm yourself up.
- You wince as a biting wind blows in your eyes, and you can feel your tears freezing on your cheeks.
- You stomp your feet, trying to revive your cold-numbed toes.
|You acquire an effect: Chilled to the Bone|
(duration: N Adventures)
- Effect duration, N is the number of times a noncombat in in the village has modified monsters this run.
- The name, image, and introduction text of this monster are all randomly selected: