|Locations||A Massive Ziggurat, An Overgrown Shrine|
Before you can get where you're going, you're gonna have to hack through this curtain of vines, which are a slightly different shade of green than the grass that carpets the jungle floor.
This shouldn't be a big deal.
You try to do a cool Tarzan trick and swing around on one of the vines, but you fall off and bruise your <ear>. Argh!
A wasp flies out from behind one of the vines and stings you. Ooh!
You stub your toe on a rock. Oof!
One of the vines wraps itself around your neck and squeezes, biting you with its tiny fangs as it does so. Wait, that wasn't a vine. It was a snake hiding in the vines. Oof! Ugh!
The vines slowly draw carbon dioxide from the air and convert it into oxygen.
A leaf slowly falls from one of the vines and lands on your foot. It doesn't hurt at all.
The vines grow larger. Very slowly. Too slow for you to watch, in fact.
The vines sit motionless. You know. Like vines. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: exotic jungle fruit|
|You gain 62? <substat>.|
- If you have any machete equipped (e.g. the antique machete), instead of fighting, the following text is displayed:
- It shouldn't be and it isn't, because you came prepared, armed with a machete. You make short work of the vines and proceed through the ruin-strewn jungle.
- Equipping your Disembodied Hand with a machete won't have this effect, as will equipping the machete in your off-hand.
- Killing the liana with a machete does not consume an adventure, but your familiar can act (e.g. drop an item) and will gain experience.
- You also get Monster Manuel factoids and substat bonuses from equipment (e.g. folders) or Antiphon as well as drops from your Camp Scout backpack, if applicable.
- They also won't trigger auto-fight, because it would still cast skills and thereby waste MP.
- You will still lose your Kung Fu Hustler intrinsics.
- Originally fighting the liana with a machete equipped did trigger trigger auto-fight. This was changed August 29, 2013.