El Vibrato Island guide
This page is to help you unravel the mystery of El Vibrato Island.
Getting to the Island
- Adventure at the Poop Deck until you get the adventure "O Cap'm, My Cap'm"
- Choose to sail to any one of these 3 locations: (59,10), (86,40) or (48,47). You should obtain an El Vibrato power sphere.
- Keep adventuring until you get O Cap'm, My Cap'm again, and this time, sail to (63,29) for the Plinth adventure. Your sphere will be consumed and you will receive an El Vibrato trapezoid.
- Use the trapezoid to set up the shimmering portal at your campground.
Recharging the Portal
The portal is initially good for 20 trips to El Vibrato Island. After that, you need to obtain more El Vibrato power spheres to keep it powered. More spheres can be found by sailing to any of the coordinates: (59,10), (86,40) or (48,47). Each sphere is good for 5 more adventures in the portal. The O Cap'm, My Cap'm adventure is limited to occurring every 29 adventures or more.While adventuring at the portal, you can also acquire overcharged El Vibrato power spheres, which will keep the portal charged for 10 adventures.
As you adventure at the island, you will fight constructs which drop various punchcards. You can use the punchcards to "reprogram" the constructs and order them to do useful things.
See El Vibrato punchcard to get a better idea of how they are used/linked/related.
- El Vibrato punchcard (115 holes) - Command ATTACK
- El Vibrato punchcard (97 holes) - Command REPAIR
- El Vibrato punchcard (129 holes) - Command BUFF
- El Vibrato punchcard (213 holes) - Command MODIFY
- El Vibrato punchcard (165 holes) - Command BUILD
- El Vibrato punchcard (142 holes) - Object TARGET
- El Vibrato punchcard (216 holes) - Object SELF
- El Vibrato punchcard (88 holes) - Object FLOOR
- El Vibrato punchcard (182 holes) - Object DRONE
- El Vibrato punchcard (176 holes) - Object WALL
- El Vibrato punchcard (104 holes) - Object SPHERE
Ordering the Constructs Around
Giving a command to a construct works by using two punchcards in combat against one in the correct order. each punchcard is either an action (ATTACK, REPAIR, BUFF, MODIFY or BUILD) or a target (TARGET, SELF, FLOOR, DRONE, WALL or SPHERE). Each action you make a construct do is done by using a command card and then a target card.
- BUFF DRONE With a repaired El Vibrato drone in inventory: obtain an augmented El Vibrato drone
- BUFF TARGET: Gain 10 rounds of the buff Fitter, Happier.
- REPAIR TARGET: The construct heals you.
- REPAIR SELF: The construct heals itself.
- ATTACK FLOOR: You beat the construct and get some punchcards
- ATTACK WALL: You beat the construct and get some punchcards, with a chance to get some of the rare 104 holed cards.
- ATTACK SELF: You beat the construct (no punchcards are obtained).
- ATTACK TARGET: The construct kills you.
- BUILD SELF: The construct does not attack for a turn and apparently makes itself stronger - more spading is required here.
- BUFF FLOOR: The construct buffs the floor to a mirror sheen.
- BUFF TARGET: The construct buffs you to a mirror, doing 20 damage to you in the process.
- BUFF SELF: The construct buffs self, doing 20-30 damage to itself.
- MODIFY SPHERE with an El Vibrato power sphere in inventory: Gain an overcharged El Vibrato power sphere.
- REPAIR DRONE, with a broken El Vibrato drone in inventory: Gain a repaired El Vibrato drone
- REPAIR SELF: The construct tightens some of its bolts.
- REPAIR TARGET: The construct tightens some of your bolts, doing some damage to you.
- ATTACK WALL: The construct shoots the wall (with no effect).
- ATTACK SELF: The construct will shoot itself
- BUILD DRONE: Get an El Vibrato drone.
- BUILD TARGET: The construct makes a statue of you.
- MODIFY SELF: The construct modifies itself to a random other construct.
- MODIFY DRONE with an El Vibrato drone in inventory: The construct breaks the drone and you acquire a broken El Vibrato drone.
- MODIFY SPHERE with an El Vibrato power sphere in inventory:
Getting Yourself a Megadrone
Make sure you have the following items:
- 1 El Vibrato power sphere
- 1 El Vibrato punchcard (97 holes)
- 1 El Vibrato punchcard (104 holes)
- 1 El Vibrato punchcard (129 holes)
- 1 El Vibrato punchcard (165 holes)
- 4 El Vibrato punchcards (182 holes)
- 2 El Vibrato punchcards (213 holes)
Now, follow this sequence of events:
- Towering construct -- BUILD DRONE.
- Towering construct --MODIFY DRONE.
- Lonely construct -- REPAIR DRONE.
- Lonely construct -- MODIFY SPHERE.
- Bizarre construct -- BUFF DRONE.
- You should now have both an augmented El Vibrato drone and an overcharged El Vibrato power sphere in your inventory.
- Use the augmented El Vibrato drone to obtain the hatchling El Vibrato Megadrone.
- The last two steps can be performed out of order.
Acquiring The Outfit
You will need to encounter the towering construct three times, requiring a total of three El Vibrato power spheres and three MODIFY SPHERE commands. As the spheres are also required for charging the portal and can only be obtained every 29 adventures, this can get quite costly in adventures. Ideally, you want to be done with the portal in the initial 20 visits. Getting the megadrone at the same time is a good idea as the steps can be performed at the same time.
First, acquire three power spheres from O Cap'm, My Cap'm by adventuring in the Poop Deck. The constructs can be faxed and copied. The punchcards can be purchased from other players. The El Vibrato punchcard (104 holes) (SPHERE) punchcard is more expensive and you probably want to acquire the punchcard yourself. Menacing construct gives ATTACK and towering construct gives WALL. Lonely constructs will give MODIFY punchcards. Hulking constructs give ATTACK, WALL, and MODIFY punchcards.
The first option is to buy the ATTACK WALL command for hulking constructs and simply fax/copy enough until you get three SPHERE punchcards. The second option is to fax/copy the other constructs for the punchcards before fighting thee hulking constructs. You can also try for encounters in the 20 adventures you are initially alotted and fax in the towering constructs afterwards. Transcendent Olfaction or odor extractor is valuable here for encountering the constructs you need. Once you have all the punchcards you need, encounter the towering construct and issue the MODIFY SPHERE command three times. The pieces are obtained in order of El Vibrato helmet, El Vibrato energy spear, and El Vibrato leg guards.