|Life is so hard for|
This weeping cephalopod.
Nobody loves him.
Weakens enemies and prevents them from attacking you
Can breathe underwater
|Ultimate Cage Match||Scavenger Hunt||Obstacle Course||Hide and Seek|+15% Meat Drop 4-5 MP +4 Muscle statgain +15% Item Drop +4 Mysticality statgain 8-10 HP +2 Moxie statgain *Hover for details
|Can breathe underwater|
- Regular messages:
- <name> whines to your opponent about his ex-girlfriend, depressing him... Sigh.
- <name> writes the lyrics to a sad, sad song on the ground with his ink. Your opponent reads it and gets depressed.
- <name> wraps your opponent up in his tentacles, preventing him from attacking you. He also mentions some band you've never heard of, and that he himself probably doesn't even listen to.
- <name> wraps his tentacles around your opponent and begins weeping, preventing him from attacking.
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <Name> gazes at his shoes and sings a depressing song. It is too depressed to attack this round.
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> asks your opponent if he can bum some Meat.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> stands in front of the maypole absolutely motionless, then cries some silent tears. I guess that's how Emo Squids dance.
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name> smiles brightly with his wax lips, but the pain inside still seethes and burns. <name> begins to sob.
- None - familiar has no weaknesses.
- Was available in the Mr. Store in on April 1, 2005, but replaced by the Personal Raincloud on April 2nd.
- The first two messages appear only at the beginning of combat, and emulate a Barrrnacle, deleveling int(weight/2) in levels.
- The second two messages appear during combat, and emulate a Levitating Potato.
- Can breathe underwater.
- "Emo Squid" is a play on the term "Emo Kid", used to describe a fashion or subculture which is usually defined to have roots in punk fashion and subculture, as well as some attributes of gothic fashion and subculture.
- All combat messages parody the stereotypical behavior and lifestyle elements of this subculture.
- The emo squid could also be a reference to the Despair Squid featured in the Red Dwarf episode "Back to Reality", which uses its venom to induce suicidally depressing hallucinations in its victims.