|Locations||The Sorceress' Tower (The Stairs)|
|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
As you near the top of the Sorceress' Tower, you encounter a fearsome Enraged Cow.
It's like a Mad Cow, only more so. It moos threateningly at you. Er, y'know, as threateningly as something can moo.
It beats you senseless with its swingin' udders. Also its nofx and its operation ivy. Eek! Ooh! Argh! Ugh! Ooh! Ugh! Eek! Oof! Eek! Argh!
He stampedes all over you. You didn't think that one cow could constitute a stampede, but you were very, very wrong. Ugh! Oof! Oof! Argh! Ooh! Ow! Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! Argh!
|You throw the barbed-wire fence in front of the Enraged Cow, and it immediately calms down and starts placidly eating grass. Oh, yeah, there was grass growing on the stairway in this part of the tower. Did I forget to tell you about that?|
|You gain 40 <substat>.|
Formerly occurred at The Sorceress' Tower (The Stairs). Can still be encountered via Wishing.
- This monster's combat weakness is the barbed-wire fence.
- If you lose, you will receive a hint as to which item to use.
- First hint: It can't be too hard to beat an enraged cow, cowboys do it all the time.
- Second hint: Looks like you just need something to stop this bossy Bossy in her tracks.
- Third hint: What would make an angry cow more docile?
- Fourth hint: Maybe you just need to remind her of her old home on the range.
- Fifth hint: A barbed-wire fence from the Large Donkey Mountain Ski Resort should put a stop to this beast.
- The Enraged Cow was famous among Hardcore ascenders for adding a significant amount of turns (and, in many cases, days) to an otherwise successful run by requiring players to shore for the required barbed-wire fence. The stuffed angry cow is a tribute to the Enraged Cow, and it's also referenced in The LAAAAME Observatory (formerly) and the effect Cursed by the RNG. With the introduction of NS13, however, the monster on the sixth floor of the Tower is always either the Cow or its two new Shore-item counterparts, and you're guaranteed to get a tower item if you take a shore trip more than 30 turns after your last one. This has reduced their impact on gameplay speed to virtually nil.
- Although the barbed-wire fence use text says "it", and one of the hit messages says "He", the Enraged Cow is female.
- Can still be fought through a lucky draw from the the Deck of Every Card, Werewolf Card.
- The Mad Cow referenced in the starting battle messages refers to Mad Cow Disease.
- One of the attack messages refers to the punk bands $wingin' Utter$, NOFX, and Operation Ivy