Entangling NoodlesType: Combat
MP Cost: 3
This spell allows you to conjure a wad of sticky noodles, which slow down your opponent and make its attacks less effective.
Skill number: 3004
View in-game: view
|Effect:||Prevents enemy from attacking for X turns.|
- This skill may be used only once per fight, with two exceptions:
- If a battle with a monster has multiple stages, this skill may be used once per stage.
- The Spaghetti Demon, the final form of the Pastamancer Nemesis, may be entangled multiple times in the same fight.
- When used as a class besides a Pastamancer, the skill will delevel attack and defense by 8-10 and act as a single-round stagger.
- When used by a Pastamancer, stuns your opponent, preventing it from attacking you for 3 rounds of combat. This duration extends by 1 turn when a spell critical hit triggers, and further extends by 1 turn if you have a Level 10 Spice Ghost as your current active Thrall.
- While the monster is entangled, each round of combat (including the first) will display the message:
Your opponent struggles against your entangling noodles, but to no avail.
- The last combat combat round of entanglement will display the message:
Your opponent struggles free of your entangling noodles.
- Furthermore, you have a 100% chance of successfully running away during any round your opponent is entangled, regardless of your initiative modifiers.
- The attack prevention effect can carry over from the first form of the Naughty Sorceress to the second, thereby preventing the second form from getting its "free" attack.
- This skill and Shadow Noodles may not both be used in the same fight.
- The Put Down Roots skill is an upside-down picture of this skill's icon.
- This skill used to delevel monster attack by (1 + Floor(ModdedMys/8)), capped at -6 atk (reached at 40 Mys) -- impeding the monster's attack (reducing its chance to hit and its hitting power) rather than directly preventing it, and with no effect on its defense. This was changed to a multi-round stun on February 13, 2007.
- Thrust-Smack and Lunging Thrust-Smack used to free your opponent from the noodles. As of July 9, 2007 this no longer occurs.
- The multi-round stun used to work for all classes; however, this was changed to the delevel+stagger for non-Pastamancer classes after they were revamped between September and November, 2013.
- On September 26, 2013, the Seal Clubber skills were revamped, and Entangling Noodles stopped acting as a multi-round stun for Seal Clubbers. For the first day or so, Entangling Noodles when used by a Clubber used to increase monster attack and defense (with erroneous text saying that the attack and defense had been increased by negative amounts). This was fixed by September 28, 2013.
- The other classes followed suit over the next several weeks, ending with Saucerors on November 14, 2013.
- From September 26, 2013 until May 19, 2014 the delevel+stagger (non-Pastamancer) form of the skill could be cast multiple times per fight, arguably making the skill more useful for non-Pastamancers than for Pastamancers. This infinite stagger ability was removed with a trivial update on May 19, 2014:
- Entangling Noodles is now castable once per fight even if you're not a Pastamancer.