Falls-From-Sky (Hard Mode)
| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
You enter the clearing and find it empty. Nothing but trees, darkness, and stars, in every direction.
But after a moment, some of the darkness begins to move. A bugbear-shaped portion of it, in which distant-but-close stars glare like malevolent eyes.
This explains so much. Why the bugbears around here are so weird. Why the darkness of the woods is so complete, even with the moon out. Why you're almost certainly about to get killed by a horror from beyond space.
Falls-From-Sky smells the blood kiwi on your breath and the air grows cold. How he longs to feast on that which his countless young take for granted. His resentment grows, and with it, his size.
Falls-From-Sky glares at you with a fiery eye. You get an instant sunburn. Ouch! Argh! Ooh! Oof! Ooh! Oof! Argh! (hot damage)
Falls-From-Sky touches your skull, chilling it with the icy vacuum of space. It hurts, and you don't even get any of that cool dehydrated ice cream. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
Falls-From-Sky glides toward you, but stops when he accidentally steps in a pile of dung. You laugh for a minute, but then the smell of it gets to you. Argh! Ow! Ouch! Ow! Argh! Ouch! Argh! (stench damage)
Falls-From-Sky tilts his head backwards and emits a mournful, howling noise -- the sound of an entire galaxy being sucked into a black hole. It hits you with the force of a trillion dying stars. Eek! Ow! Ouch! Ouch! Ooh! Ooh! Ow! (spooky damage)
Falls-From-Sky tells you an extremely inappropriate story about a binary star system. Eek! Ooh! Oof! Oof! Ow! Ouch! Oof! (sleaze damage)
Falls-From-Sky briefly becomes a mirror, showing you your place in the Universe. Tiny and insignificant, you shudder. Argh! Eek! Ugh! Eek! Oof! Ooh! Oof! (spooky damage)
Falls-From-Sky tries to tell you a dirty secret about the vastness of space, but you prefer your dirty secrets little.
Falls-From-Sky glares at you with a fiery eye, but you avert your gaze.
Falls-From-Sky drifts toward you, but you dodge towards Tokyo (you think) and avoid his attack.
Falls-From-Sky briefly becomes a mirror, showing you your place in the Universe. Turns out you're a pretty important Adventurer, in the grand scheme of things! (FUMBLE!)
Falls-From-Sky fills your field of view so fully that you cannot see anything but the space behind him, and the terrible secrets it contains. Your mind collapses in on itself, and your body collapses in on your mind. (autokill on first round)
|You lose X hit points. (cold damage)|
|You lose X hit points.|
You lose an effect: First Blood Kiwi
|An item drops: Drapes-You-Regally|
|An item drops: Warms-Your-Tush|
|An item drops: Covers-Your-Head|
|An item drops: Protects-Your-Junk|
|An item drops: Quiets-Your-Steps|
|An item drops: Helps-You-Sleep|
|An item drops: 1-4 Gets-You-Drunk|
|You acquire a clan trophy:||Star Wallet|
|You gain ??? <substat>.|
- This monster cannot be copied.
- To fight Falls-From-Sky in Hard Mode, you must drink a bloody kiwitini and enter the fight with the First Blood Kiwi effect it gives. The effect is removed if (and only if) you win the fight:
- You breathe a sigh of relief, and the last of your weird breath escapes alongside it.
You lose an effect: First Blood Kiwi
- You must have Temporary Blindness, or be wearing either a makeshift turban, sleep mask or Helps-You-Sleep (and you must not have Strange Mental Acuity), or you will die the instant you start the fight.
- Because you cannot see him, you have to follow auditory cues instead, which are less reliable. The three cues correspond to the three actions you can take, and the cue-action pairing is randomized per combat round (this may not be as harsh on lower-kiss runs -- needs spading).
- At low-kiss runs the following might be true (needs spading): "Twig snap" will never correspond to hiding behind a rock, nor "shuffling sound" to the puddle, nor "crunching leaves" to the tree.
- One effective strategy (probably unintended, but "officially declared legitimate" in a radio show) to defeat this boss is to drink white lightning to acquire blindness, then remove it during combat.
- You will need the Spectral effect, as well. Acquire this during the fight by using a ghost protocol or spectral jelly. This is necessary because you still won't get a reliable cue about FFS's movements during the round on which you remove the blindness.
- Some ways to remove blindness during the combat are:
- An alternative way to acquire removable blindness is to fight either the giant octopus or the toxic beastie, wait for it to get a critical hit, then run away. In the case of the octopus, be very careful to not kill it; once defeated, it cannot be encountered again until your next ascension.
- An alternate strategy involves the mercenary pistol:
- Boost your initiative and get the jump on him, and use Ambidextrous Funkslinging to use two rare special clips. This will result in dealing 12 hits of damage during one turn. FFS will then give a clue about what his next attack will be. On the second round, Funksling two more clips for an additional 12 hits, killing him before he can use his special attack.
- At 6 kisses, this strategy won't completely kill him - he'll have about 16 HP left. You'll need some additional source(s) of Passive Damage, negative Monster Level, or a combat familiar to kill him.
- Stats at 1 kiss: 700 attack, 700 defense, 1500 HP, 50 initiative, hard damage cap 254.
- Stats at 2 kisses: 900 attack, 900 defense, 2000 HP, 60 initiative, hard damage cap 236.
- Stats at 3 kisses: 1100 attack, 1100 defense, 2500 HP, 70 initiative, hard damage cap 219.
- Stats at 4 kisses: 1300 attack, 1300 defense, 3000 HP, 80 initiative, hard damage cap 201.
- Stats at 5 kisses: 1500 attack, 1500 defense, 3500 HP, 90 initiative, hard damage cap ???.
- Stats at 6 kisses: 1700 attack, 1700 defense, 4000 HP, 100 initiative, hard damage cap 166.
- The number of Getssh-Yous-Drunkssh depends on the total number of kisses across all zones of the Dreadsylvania instance as with the regular boss. You get one additional consumable for killing the boss in Hard Mode.
- Will drop a second hard-mode-exclusive loot if a total of ~18 000 kisses have been earned in this dungeon before fighting him.