Giant Desktop Globe
|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
|Giant Desktop Globe|
|Locations||The Sorceress' Tower (The Stairs)|
|Monster Parts||continent, stand|
This is a massive, full-color rendering of the entire planet, made to sit on an equally massive desktop. It spins menacingly, perpendicular to its shiny metal axis. Certain continents look much more threatening than others, but the overall effect is startling.
It rolls forward and crushes you under one of its eleven oceans. You feel a little like a loveable ex-con pulled back in for one last heist. Ugh! Ugh! Oof! Argh! Ooh! Ooh! Oof! Eek! Argh! Oof!
It rolls forward and crushes you under one of its larger continents. It feels like the "In" continent, that hippest of all land masses. Eek! Oof! Ow! Ooh! Eek! Oof! Ow! Oof! Ooh! Eek!
It rolls forward under the counterweight of its counterweight continent and smashes you up against the wall. Oof! Argh! Oof! Oof! Ooh! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Oof!
It tries to youarm>, but misses.in the <
|You gain 40 <substat>.|
Occurred at The Sorceress' Tower (The Stairs).
- This monster's combat weakness is the NG.
- If you lose, you will receive a hint as to which item to use.
- First hint: This one's a bit tricky. Forget about the game, and think more about the game designers.
- Second hint: You may have noticed that there's a lot of musical references in this game, and a disproportional number of them are from a particular band.
- Third hint: If you haven't spotted the reference yet, or aren't familiar with the band in question, maybe Google could help you out? There's a few words in the text that might stick out as being important.
- Fourth hint: The song you're looking for is "Ana Ng", by They Might Be Giants. Does that remind you of any items in the game?
- Fifth hint: You need an NG to beat this. The N comes from the Valley Beyond the Orc Chasm, and the G comes from the Castle in the Clouds in the Sky.
- Make a hole with a gun perpendicular
- To the name of this town in a desktop globe
- Exit wound in a foreign nation
- Showing the home of the one this was written for
- Ana Ng and I are getting old
- And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence
- The message when you use the NG is also a reference to the same song.
- When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
- "I don't want the world, I just want your half"
- The phrase "shiny metal axis" is a reference to Futurama, where the character Bender frequently says "Bite my shiny metal ass".
- The "counterweight continent" message is probably a reference to the Discworld series, by Terry Pratchett. One of the continents on the Discworld is known as the Counterweight Continent (home to the Agatean Empire).
- The message about being crushed by the globe's eleven oceans references the film Ocean's Eleven. It is also another one of the Kingdom's many elevens.
- The message about the "In" continent is probably a reference to Esmé Squalor in the A Series of Unfortunate Events book series, or simply a play on "incontinent".