Each character has access to a Guild Hall. There are three such Guild Halls, each corresponding to one of the three types of classes.
- Muscle classes join The Brotherhood of the Smackdown
- Mysticality classes join The League of Chef-Magi
- Moxie classes join The Department of Shadowy Arts and Crafts
Each guild contains the following types of members:
- A guild leader, who oversees your entry into the guild and administers the trial of entry.
- A trainer, from whom you learn skills.
- A shop keeper, who operates the special guild shop.
- One representative from each of the two classes allied with the guild. The representative of the same class as the player assigns the Legendary Epic Weapon Quest. The other assigns The Wizard of Ego quest, and will be really mean.
- A member at the back who assigns the meatcar, White Citadel, and Dwarven Factory quests.
More detail can be found on the individual guild pages. Only the guild leader will be available until you complete the trial of entry.
Joining a Guild
- In order to join your guild, you must talk to the guild leader.
- He will send you on a quest to pick up a certain item from your class's respective starting zone. You will find what you need on the 6th cumulative adventure in that zone after receiving the task.
- Muscle classes must adventure in Outskirts of Cobb's Knob where they will receive the Up In Their Grill adventure and the 11-inch knob sausage.
- Mysticality classes must adventure in The Haunted Pantry where they will receive the A Sandwich Appears! adventure and the exorcised sandwich.
- Moxie classes must adventure in The Sleazy Back Alley where they will receive the Now's Your Pants! I Mean... Your Chance! adventure and the pair of pants your character is wearing.
- After returning to the guild leader, you can access the entirety of your guild.
The following quests are received from members of your guild:
|Quest||Stat Prerequisite||Quest Prerequisites||Questgiver|
|Bitchin' Meatcar Quest||-||-||Paco|
|The Wizard of Ego Quest||11||-||Other class rep|
|Legendary Epic Weapon Quest||12||-||Friendly class rep|
|The Dark and Dank and Sinister Cave||23||Made Legendary weapon||Friendly class rep|
|White Citadel Quest||34||Completed meatcar||Paco|
|Me and My Nemesis||90||Killed the fourth assassin||Friendly class rep|
|Dwarven Factory Quest||100||Found the White Citadel||Paco|
- Avatars of Boris are prohibited from joining guilds, due to their penchant for violence and eating everything in sight.
- Zombie Slayers cannot join guilds either, on account of the whole "everybody being dead" thing.
- Avatars of Jarlsberg also won't join guilds, as they're not fond of social organizations.
- Avatars of Sneaky Pete won't join any guild not cool enough to already have them as members.
- You're not willing to mingle with guild commoners when you're Actually Ed the Undying.
- In a Nuclear Autumn run, the guilds are all closed:
- Looks like the guild leaders closed up shop when the bombs fell. That's a shame -- the Adventurers of Loathing are going to need all the help they can get in the dark days to come.
- Until August 15, 2012, the League of Chef-Magi had the following image:
- Prior to the current Me and My Nemesis quest revamp, it was titled Slay Your Nemesis Quest.