Infectious BiteType: Combat
Zombie Cost: N/A
Okay, well, you don't know if it's some kind of bacterial infection, or a virus, or a magical emanation from the negative dimensions, or what, but the fact is: when you bite a dude, sometimes he turns into a zombie. It's handy for when you need more zombies.
Skill number: 12000
View in-game: view
|Source:||Ascend as a Zombie Slayer|
|Effect:||Inflicts your opponent with damage over time and has a chance to turn them into a zombie and add them to your horde after combat.|
|You bite your opponent on the <lower back>, filling them with terrible zombie venom or bacteria or viruses or negative plane energy or whatever the heck it is that instantly makes them look a bit green around the edges.|
In the current and subsequent rounds of combat:
Your foe is wracked by sudden convulsions, and takes X points of damage.
Your opponent suddenly clutches at their head as a piercing headache does X damage.
Your opponent coughs up X points worth of green-tinged blood.
Your opponent stumbles and shudders as the zombie plague infests their system for X points of damage.
If the monster joins your horde:
With a sickly moan, your fallen opponent slowly gets back on their feet and shambles subserviently to your side. Sweet.
- Deals level × (Y + 1) damage each round, where Y is the number of times you've used Plague Claws (plus the number of Critical hits you've landed, if you have Virulence) since using Infectious Bite. Using Infectious Bite again resets Y to 0.
- As such, casting this skill multiple times per fight has no effect, unless you had increased the passive damage via Plague Claws or Virulence, in which case you would lose that extra passive damage.
- Enemies will be turned if they have taken infection damage greater than 50% of their maximum HP by the time you defeat them. Physical immune enemies will only suffer 1 point of infection damage per combat round, but will be turned as if they had taken full damage.
- The following monster types can be turned into members of your zombie horde. These monsters can also drop brains when defeated.
- The following monster types cannot be converted into members of your zombie horde. They do not drop brains. They will still take infection damage.