Behind the Gate of Jarlsberg, there sits a statue of Jarlsberg, most Mysterious of the Chef-Magi of the Times of Old.
The statue holds a giant frying pan. Carved into the bottom of the pan are the words "PLACE MEAT HERE."
If you donate 200 to 10,000*LVL Meat:
The statue of Jarlsberg glows faintly. You feel a charge of Magicalness in the air. You gain N Enchantedness.
If on a Avatar of Jarlsberg run
The statue of Jarlsberg smiles at you warmly and motions downward, towards a complicated-looking plaque on its base.
- You are limited to a total of 150,000 Meat donated per level per day, to all statues combined. Originally it was limited to 10,000.
- A statue gives floor(Meat/200) number of die rolls, each of which gives 1-2 of the appropriate substat, with equal likelihood. This means per level, you have up to 50 rolls per day of 1-2 stat each, meaning that you can potentially get 50-100 mainstat per level.
- This gate and its two counterparts are successors to the shrines of The Hall of The Legends of The Times of Old. They are currently within The Dungeoneers' Association.
- Unlike an Avatar of Boris, an Avatar of Jarlsberg cannot donate Meat for stats at his Legend's gate.
- Jarlsberg's message refers to "Place Sandwich Here", a common message displayed on burger wrappers in the fast food industry.