|Locations||The Haunted Conservatory|
|Monster Parts||mouth, stalk|
As you walk past a large, bulbous plant (inexplicably labelled 'Audrey III'), you hear a voice whisper, "Pssst. Hey, you."
You look around, but don't see anyone. "Hello? Who's there?"
"Me. The plant. Feed me."
"Forget it. I don't talk to plants. Go photosynthesize, or something."
The plant splits open, revealing a grinning, toothy maw. "Screw this witty banter," it says, lunging at you.
It latches onto your leg with its surprisingly sharp teeth. "It's suppertime!" it shouts, chewing vigorously. Ooh! Oof!
It sings about how it's a mean, green mother from outerspace, all the while whipping you with its ropy tendrils. Ouch! Ow!
You shout, "what more do you want from me? Blood?" Turns out, yup, that's what it wants. Eek! Ow!
It swallows you whole, chews on you thoughtfully for a moment, then spits you back out. "Urgh. When'd you last wash your hair?" Ouch! Ooh!
It latches onto your leg, but you're too big for it to swallow.
Instead of attacking, it sings about how it's a mean, green mother from outerspace. Wow, it's got a deep voice for a woman.
It lunges forward to bite you, but forgets it's still rooted to the ground. Stupid plant.
It breaks into an elaborate musical number about the joys of eating adventurers. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 2 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Haunted Conservatory.
- The name "Audrey III" (and the imagename "audrey.gif" as well) is a reference to the film The Little Shop of Horrors from 1960. The miss message about a song is from the musical version (and later film version of that musical).
- The third hit message references the song "Grow For Me" in The Little Shop of Horrors. Just before Seymour Krelborn pricks his finger on a thorn, he sings, "What do you want from me? Blood?"
- "Mean Green Mother From Outer Space" is a song from the 1986 film version of The Little Shop of Horrors. The "deep voice" bit refers to Levi Stubbs, the voice of Audrey II in the movie.
- The phrase "It's suppertime!" in the first hit message references the song "Suppertime" from The Little Shop of Horrors sung by the plant "Audrey II".
- The picture resembles the man-eating plants often seen in video games such as the Mario and Crash Bandicoot games.