Manual of Transmission
This seems to be some kind of guide for increasing your magical power (though for some reason it always spells it 'magick'.) Lots of words like 'gnosis', 'sigil' and 'tryptamine' are involved. It's kinda new-agey, but there might be some useful information in there.
(In-game plural: Manuals of Transmission)
- When used for the first time in a day for the first five days:
|You read the Manual of Transmission, and your consciousness expands with new-found knowledge.|
- After 5 successful uses:
|You've already learned everything there is to learn from that book.|
- Subsequent uses in a day:
|Meh. You've already read that today -- your attention span is waning.|
- Reading this, the Manual of Dexterity, or the Manual of Labor at least once per day 30 times in a single ascension will make you eligible for The Butler Did It trophy.
- This item will only give stats a total of five times and only once in one day for a total mysticality substat gain of 220:
- The word "magick" refers to "the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with the will", popularized by occultist Aleister Crowley, adding the "k" to distinguish it from other practices (i.e. stage magic).
- Each of the manuals references different phrases that use the word "manual". (i.e. manual transmission, manual labor, and manual dexterity)
- The item description references many new-age/wiccan books, which are notorious for using bizarre words for otherwise common things. As for the examples given, 'gnosis' means enlightenment, 'sigil' means symbol, and 'tryptamine' is a class of chemicals, a great many of which are powerfully hallucinogenic.