|Locations||The Haunted Boiler Room|
The boiler suddenly springs to life--and I don't mean that it startles you by switching on and doing the things boilers normally do. No, I mean its front grill twists into a malevolent face, with flames dancing in its evil little eyes, and it roars as it belches flame and opens a red-hot iron mouth to try and eat/boil/burn you alive. So, y'know, look out.
It blows steam at you, straightening the wrinkles off of your clothes and scalding your skin, too. Eek! Ouch! Argh! Ow! Eek!
It blows out a tongue of flame, searing your <throat>. Ugh! Argh! (hot damage)
It bounces a few red-hot coals at you. Argh! Oof! (hot damage)
It hisses steam at you, blanching your arm. Ugh! Ugh! (hot damage)
It presses its grill against your leg, making you do a passable impression of a flame-grilled burger. Eek! Argh! (hot damage)
It whacks you with a red-hot duct. Why a duct? Oof! Ouch! (hot damage)
It grabs you with two snake-like ducts and tosses you whole into its burning mouth. You get chomped and burned and burned and chomped before you can claw your way out. Argh! Argh! (hot damage)
It blows a tongue of flame at you, but you stick your tongue out right back.
It blows steam at you, but you admit that everyone needs to let off a little steam every now and again.
It hisses steam at you, but you hiss right back.
It tries to press its hot grill on you, but you tell it to stay out of your grill.
It tries to spit coals at you, but you tell it you live in a new castle.
It tries to whack you with a duct, but you affix it with some duct tape. So that's what that stuff is actually for!
It tries to disconnect a few ducts to use as tentacles to grab you, but they're too firmly screwed into the floor joists above. It howls, thoroughly non-stoked by this turn of events. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: chunk of hot iron (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: red-hot boilermaker (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: miniature boiler (5% chance)*|
Occurs at The Haunted Boiler Room.
- With an unstable fulminate equipped, the fulminate gets 10 + Bonus ML/2 degrees hotter (rounded randomly) with this text appended:
- You plug the bottle of fulminate with your thumb and hold it over the smoldering coals in the belly of the defeated boiler. It gets X degrees hotter.
- Negative Monster Level raises the temperature by 10 degrees (i.e. acts as if it were +0 ML).
- Having the Left-Hand Man equip the fulminate also works.
- At 51(?) degrees, you lose the unstable fulminate and gain a wine bomb, with this message:
- The bottle of fulminate begins to churn violently as it reaches its reaction temperature. You slam a cork into it.
|You acquire an item: wine bomb|
- The ML breakpoints for the number of boilers you need to fight are as follows:
|Number of boilers||+ML required|
- The miniature boiler was added as an item drop on Jan 1, 2022, with the removal of its previous semi-rare source.