Mylar scout drone
(In-game plural: mylar scout drones)
Item number: 3086
Description ID: 941936499
View in-game: view
View market statistics
|1 theoretical string||1 nanofiber cloth|
|mylar scout drone|
|You hold the mylar scout drone aloft and take off running towards your opponent. The drone announces, "TARGETED OPPONENT IS APPROXIMATELY <1-1,000,000> <measurement> FROM YOUR CURRENT POSITION."
Before you get there, however, that stupid tree eats your scout drone again. You hate that tree!
- Staggers your opponent 75% of the time.
- The number given for your opponent's position is a random number, and the measurement can be:
- red shifts
- The tree that eats your scout drone is a reference to the kite-eating tree, from the comic strip Peanuts, that was always eating Charlie Brown's kites.
- "Winding the string around it snowspeeder-style" is a reference to the snowspeeders that used tow cables to trip AT-AT walkers in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
- Most of the measurements are of distance. However, peck, bushel, dram and hogshead are of volume, stone is of weight, and township is of area. Redshift [sic] is a way of measuring movement in astronomy which works in the same way as the Doppler effect but it uses light instead of sound. The confusion of unit types is probably a reference to Han Solo bragging of doing the Kessel Run in "less than twelve parsecs" in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
"3086" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.