Witchess is exactly like chess in all respects, except for the fact that is doesn't have castling, check, or en passant capture. And the pawns can move three spaces on their first move. Oh, and there's an Ox, which is like a queen that can't capture opposing pieces. And also there are Witches. But other than that it's exactly like chess.
Occurs at your Campground via Your Witchess Set.
- If you choose to play as the world and there are no open games, you get the following response:
- Ah, looks like there are no open tables right now.
- Look again.
- If you are playing as the world against someone, there is a link at the bottom of the board.
- Move to another open Witchess Set as The World
- If you click this link and there are no open games, it gives the expected message above. Each time you click the link and there are no games it adds the text " again" to the end of the text of the link, up to a maximum of 111 agains.
- Look again again again again again.
|Moves 1, 2 or 3 squares forward on their first move, otherwise 1 square forward. Captures diagonally.
|Moves any number of squares horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Cannot capture.
|Moves L-shaped by going 2 squares up and 1 square across (any orientation).
|Moves any number of squares diagonally.
|Moves any number of squares horizontally or vertically.
|Moves any direction by 1 square. Unlike regular chess, the king can move into a threatened square, is not compelled to move out of a threatened square, cannot castle, and the game is won by capturing the enemy king instead of checkmating it.
|Moves any number of squares horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
|Moves as a Knight or a Bishop?