Shub-Jigguwatt, Elder God of Violence
|Shub-Jigguwatt, Elder God of Violence|
Shub-Jigguwatt, the Beast With One Point Twenty-One Volts, has awoken. Normally in these situations, we'd say he has awoken and he is hungry, but Shub-Jigguwatt has been very well fed. Every act of violence committed by any creature in the Kingdom, from a rat biting another rat to an adventurer biting yet another rat, has fed him. He is rested. He is ready. He has feasted upon violence, and he is violence, and he is ready to do violence.
You're determined to make your violent attacks against him his final meal.
Shub Jigguwatt sneers at you (insofar as sneering is possible with only one eye.) He raises his hands and bathes you in cascades of electricity. You wait around for your father to show up and throw him down some sort of bottomless shaft, but alas, it does not happen.
|You lose X Mana Points.|
|You lose Y hit points.|
He crunches your <foot> with his heavily armored foot. Ouch! Ooh! Ouch! Oof! Ow! Ow! Ow! Argh! Oof! Ow!
He shocks you with the electric violence running through his body. He's like a living taser, bro. Ooh! Ouch! Ouch! Ow! Ow! Ugh! Eek! Ow! Ugh! Argh!
He throws a spiked elbow at your <groin>, shocking you with the electricity coursing through his veiny body. Ouch! Oof! Ouch! Ooh! Eek! Ugh! Ooh! Ooh! Oof! Ow!
He pummels you with a spiked fist, winking his eye at the pleasure of your pain. Ouch! Ooh! Ow! Argh! Ow! Ow! Ouch! Ouch! Oof! Oof!
He sends electricity coursing through your <shins>. You may not play an instrument, but you're a great conductor. Argh! Ugh! Ouch! Ugh! Ow! Ow! Argh! Eek! Argh! Argh!
He claps his hands together around your skull, hard enough that you feel fractures form. Then he gives you some unlicensed and impromptu electroshock therapy.Ouch! Ugh! Argh! Ugh! Ow! Oof! Ouch! Argh! Ooh! Ouch!
He tries to stomp on you, but you stomp backwards just in time.
He tries to gore you with a horn, but you're opposed to gore with your violence.
He tries to shock you with an arc of electricity, but you tell him not to tase you, bro.
He throws an elbow at you, but you fight dirrrty, and you dodge when they're throwin' elbows.
He tries to pummel you with a spiked fist, but you resist the fist.
He tries to send electricity through your <ear>, but your <ear> is a lousy conductor.
He runs out of electricity for a second, and teleports himself up into a nearby lightning storm to get re-shocked. (FUMBLE!)
Upon winning the fight:
- Occurs if you have taken the gladiator path and become champion of the arena.
- Immune to all stunning (single-round or multi-round).
- Dealing damage through any means except a standard attack will result in being hit for 20% of your maximum HP in damage, doubling with each instance.
- A bolt of lightning arcs out of Shub-Jigguwatts[sic] eye and hits you in the face. Remember, Shub-Jigguwatt only likes the purest forms of violence -- that fancy crap you just tried is only gonna make him angry.
- Shub-Jigguwatt has a soft damage cap, after which a special damage reduction is applied. If an attack would do no more than 500 damage, then no damage reduction is applied. Otherwise, if Z is the base damage done, then the actual damage Shub-Jigguwatt takes is 500+floor((Z-500)^.6). This formula is applied to any type of damage and to any source of damage.
- For his pre-fight attack, X is your current MP, and Y is X/2 (rounded up).
- Has 95% resistance to elemental damage. Weakness to Cold and Sleaze is applied after this damage reduction.
You will be given the Jiggu... What? effect before the combat begins (increases skill costs by 100 MP), and you will lose all your MP in the first round. This means that using skills is extremely impractical.
The simplest strategy is:
- Remove all effects and equipment that give retaliation or extra-source damage. This includes Pigsticker of Violence, Jalapeño Saucesphere, Scarysauce, Spiky Shell, Bone Homie, Boner Battalion, spiky turtle shoulderpads, plastic pumpkin bucket, Snow Suit (depending on configuration), moveable feast, and V for Vivala mask (among others).
- Buff your muscle and moxie stats into the thousands. Use whatever potions and spleen items are necessary. You don't need to match Shub-Jigguwatt's stats, but you do need to survive several rounds. You don't need mysticality, but if you are a mysticality class you may find oil of expertise useful.
- Spend or deplete your MP as much as possible. You'll lose it all anyway, and each point hurts.
- Use whatever equipment will cause the most physical damage. Elemental damage is not relevant, as he resists it.
- Make sure you've got 1000 (maxed) Damage Absorption.
- Use gremlin juice and handful of hand chalk to allow you to use normal attacks every round, without missing or fumbling.
- Delevel him with a percentage-based delever that causes no damage, like electronics kit or rattler rattle (25% reduction), crayon shavings (30% reduction), or jam band bootleg (50% reduction) a couple of times.
- Equipping a dark porquoise ring doubles the effect of each use of an electronics kit or rattler rattle to 50%, crayon shavings to a substantial 60%, or even nigh-100% for a jam band bootleg.
- Additionally having Ruthlessly Efficient active (if available) increases the effect of each use to a total of 67.5% for electronics kits and rattler rattles, and 75% for crayon shavings.
- Attack until he dies.
- This monster's name references both the Cthulhu Mythos (specifically, Shub-Niggurath) and Back to the Future.
- The desire for your father to throw him down a bottomless shaft (while he's shooting lightning at you) refers to Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- The taser messages refer to the "Don't Tase Me Bro!" meme.