I just defeated the Bonerdagon with the Annoy-o-Tron 5k set to 10, and got a vertebra, so, that should probably be noted. --Thebigbrainiac 18:20, 28 June 2007 (CDT)
Post NS13 -This guys gives higher substat returns now. My 7th level SC received 62-30-25 along with the skull and chest. I am under the influence of a white heart and a 16# volleyball. Somehow I think those effects can be subtracted. --Blastphemist 17:54, 27 June 2007 (CDT)
The Bonerdagon can also block Moxious Manuvers - I tried it back when I was a DB and got a message about trying to sneak up on it but stepping on some bones lying around, which rattled and alerted it. Can someone get this message?--Hogulus 20:54, 2 February 2006 (Central Standard Time)
He says: "You try to sneak up behind the Bonerdagon, but you step on a discarded bone and draw his attention to you." -Fwahobadagadz 16:34, 18 April 2006 (CDT)
Interesting about the Moxious Manuver message. On my Disco Bandit, I only seem to get the standard message: "Your Moxious Manuver failed. How embarrassing."
So far, out of all the past DB/AT or present DB/AT, I'm the only one to have not seen this message. --Proto Fan 19:48, 6 September 2007 (CDT)
- I'm thinking that it wasn't the Bonerdagon block but rather a normal miss with the manuver. --Chunky_boo 20:00, 6 September 2007 (CDT)
Can we get strategies to defeat the bosses? This seems like a good idea, though it might take some time...--Kookoo275 18:03, 21 April 2006 (CDT)
Egg-scellent is a classic pun.
How the hell is Bonerdagon a pun?--Linkman95 19:19, 15 August 2006 (CDT)
How is this a reference? "The name 'bonerdagon' might refer to the bone dragon items, on the popular Gaiaonline.com MMORPG, including to a belt similar to that in KoL." Obviously, it's a dragon made of bones (or a bonedragon), and it's misspelled (swapping the D and the R) because all the undead in the Kingdom are misspelled. Regardless, it's highly likely that the Bonerdagon predates anything "bone dragon" found on Gaia Online. I'm removing the reference. --Emtu 01:32, 2 February 2007 (CST)
I think that bone dragons in Heroes of Might and Magic might also predate Gaia Online...it's just one of their breeds, get over it ;) --Rasal 13:52, 7 September 2007 (CDT)
If i understand the "boner" is used as slang word for erection, and "Dagon" is a name of old fertility god. The combination of those seems funny to me. I'm not a native english speaker though. Maybe this could be added to references? --Mufus 13:58, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
I just ran some brief tests of bonerdagon block rate with a high level unascended character:
- Character Stats
- Class: Level 14 accordion thief
- Ascensions: 0
- Muscle: 70 (69)
- Mysticality: 77 (70)
- Moxie: 204 (181)
- Initiative: +35%
Used scrolls of turtle summoning every round in combat; 44 blocks out of 161 attempts ==> 27.3% block rate.
--Starwed 15:11, 26 February 2007 (CST)
More stats, at the same level but unfortunately with slightly differant buffed stats and equpiment: 61/238 block ==> 25.6% block rate. --Starwed 13:33, 28 February 2007 (CST)
With the change to antidotes, this actually became easier; if he doesn't block, it doesn't count as a turn of combat.
- Character Stats
Travesty Level 10 Vibe Robber Muscle: 31 (61) Mysticality: 25 (49) Moxie: 62 (98)
Hat: eyepatch (Power: 25) [unequip] Weapon: prehistoric spear (Power: 100, 1h) [unequip] Off-Hand: detective skull [unequip] Pants: swashbuckling pants (Power: 80) [unequip] Accessory: stuffed shoulder parrot [unequip] Accessory: ring of half-assed regeneration [unequip] Effects: None
Blocked 25/76 --Starwed 02:50, 3 June 2007 (CDT)
With slightly diff. equipment:
- Stat:Muscle: 64 (61) Mysticality: 52 (49) Moxie: 101 (98)
Hat: lihc face (Power: 90) [unequip] Weapon: broken sword (Power: 135, 1h) [unequip] Off-Hand: coffin lid [unequip] Pants: dungeoneer's dungarees (Power: 30) [unequip] Accessory: shiny ring [unequip] Accessory: stuffed shoulder parrot [unequip] Accessory: ring of half-assed regeneration [unequip]
- Blocked 30/100
- Blocked 30/106
Current total: 190/681=28% +/- 3.4%. --Starwed 03:08, 3 June 2007 (CDT)
- Judging by the data here, it looks like a 25% chance of blocking, regardless of level. --TechSmurf 21:16, 27 November 2007 (CST)
- I beg to differ. With the character listed below, I have a 100% failure rate. I have yet to use a single Pastamancer spell against the Bonerdagon.
- Character Stats
Draguin, Level 10, 74 HP / 156 MP, 71 Muscle, 104 Mysticality, 64 Moxie.
- Equipment: Removed because it is irrelevant.
Block Rate: 100%.
Any explanation? --Draguin 16:01, 16 May 2008 (CDT)
- You mentioned a 100% block rate. Is that 3/3 spells blocked, or 150/150 spells blocked? As well, the data listed just above dates back to NS11, the bonerdagon might have been changed since then.--QuantumNightmare 22:45, 16 May 2008 (CDT)
- Well, I tried it again earlier today, and it worked. Hooray. It was closer to 15/15 spells blocked - yeah, I should probably have tried a few (hundred) more times before saying anything. Possibly the Bonerdagon was updated, since so many other things were. I'm leaving just my stats up, as the equipment did not affect anything else in battle, just in case anyone finds a correlation between, say, Moxie and block rate.--Draguin 15:43, 19 May 2008 (CDT)
Chronic Indigestion was doing ~42-50 damage to him, so I assume it's 2x damage for this skill on him. -MarcyRoni 13:29, 20 June 2007 (CDT)
- Chronic Indigestion does Hot Damage, which is doubled against all spooky monsters (including this one). --Quietust (t|c) 13:33, 20 June 2007 (CDT)
The Bonerdagon seems to block effects that deal passive damage. I went up against the dagon as a Sauceror with the Bone Homie effect, and it failed to deal damage every time the dagon blocked my Saucestorm, though it did deal its 1 spooky damage every time my spells were not blocked. --Luke 22:06, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure if this is what you meant (I'm kind of new, but I love to help!) but I had the Jalapeño Saucesphere, Jabañero Saucesphere, and Scarysauce effects active and they all activated when it hit me on the first round of combat. --LatiasKyori 00:21, 9 July 2012 (CEST)
NS13 Stat Boost
Muscle Day, 35 pound volleyball
You work up a Lunging Thrust-Smack.
You viciously bludgeon him, dealing 151 (+13) damage. CRITICAL HIT! BOOF! BIFF! SOCKO! WHAM! SOCKO! SOCKO! SMACK! ZOT! WHAMMO! ZOT!
You win the fight!
You acquire an item: skull of the Bonerdagon You acquire an item: chest of the Bonerdagon
Will smiles approvingly.
You gain 75 Beefiness. You gain a Muscle point! You gain 35 Wizardliness. You gain a Mysticality point! You gain 22 Smarm.
Go back to the Cyrpt
Definitely got a boost on stats like Cobb Knob's King
Mysticality Day You gain 55 Strengthliness. You gain a Muscle point! You gain a Level! You gain 43 Magicalness. You gain 26 Smarm. --Vince1123581321 12:26, 2 July 2007 (CDT)
I just defeated the Bonerdagon using a flaming feather after losing many times with many combinations of items and objects. this unsigned comment was added by Yarganol at 15:30 BST, 22 September 2007
- You throw the flaming feather, dartlike, behind your opponent. It strikes under a sizzle fo' shizzle, dealing 240 damage.
- The flaming feather rocks!--Serge85
- The molotov cocktail cocktail will also one-hit-kill the Bonerdagon. It's quite effective and easily available, so long as you're not in hardcore.
- Two players I've donated cocktail cocktails to and my multi report that they didn't appear in their item menu during the combat. Halp plz? --Alex999139 10:52, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
Hit the Bonerdagon with a wussiness potion and it's incredibly easy to beat.
Quest Items vs Bonerdagon
What happens when you use reusable quest items like the dictionary on the bonerdagon? Does it get taken away too? If so, how do you finish Orc Chasm Quest which requires the dictionary to finish?--Stevetek 09:25, 1 January 2008 (CST)
I just went through using the dictionary on it. Each time I had this response:
"You begin to read from the dictionary.
Your opponent is nonplussed."
However it hit each time and never missed. So I'm guessing it doesn't get taken away...not that it does anything anyway.--Narodnik 00:09, 21 January 2008 (CST)
Block Chefstave Jiggle?
Is it possible for the Bonerdagon to block a chefstave jiggle? It's not an item and it's not a skill, and I just beat him with an unblocked jiggle included. --Emtu 04:35, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
According to the main page, when it blocks skills, those skills still cost MP. That doesn't actually seem to be the case; I tried Thrust-Smack on it several times and it worked only once, but the other times didn't cost MP. Are others seeing this? --DanielH 07:51, 13 May 2012 (CEST)
New blocking of items?
Tried to use a shard of double-ice against the bonerdagon (as a Zombie Master) but it failed with the following message:
- The flapping of the Bonerdagon's wings is producing too much wind for you to safely use that item.
-- NitraMo 11:34, 4 October 2012 (CEST)