Mine did 309 points of damage. —Preceding unsigned comment added by SnarFoo (talk • contribs) on 17:57, 2012 November 16
- I tried one against Space Tourist Explorer Ghost:
- You wind up the boiler and set it on the ground. It starts making a hissing noise, and after a few seconds it pops, dealing 1 damage to your opponent. Huh. That was pretty anticlimactic.
Note the anticlimactic message. Is that particular to this item or just something I've missed previously? --Club (#66669) (Talk) 20:36, 24 November 2012 (CET)
- against The Man:
- You wind up the boiler and set it on the ground. It starts making a hissing noise, and after a few seconds it pops, dealing 22 damage to your opponent. Huh. That was pretty anticlimactic.
Sigh. --Clovis Sangrail 12:13, 21 January 2013 (CET)
- I just got one on a HC character and used it the next adventure. 299 damage against Bubblemint Twins. Does it work better before the hotel boiler is blown up? Against groups? Something else? --Club (#66669) (Talk) 00:40, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
Possible other effects
If this is used in the maze before the subquest is finished, does the Overlook hotel blow up as per the book and the movie? That could allow for the peak to be lit in two turns. --Nerdanel 00:59, 27 November 2012 (CET)
- I tried it and sadly, nothing out of the ordinary happens. --Nerdanel 17:23, 1 December 2012 (CET)
vs oil cartel?
I won't be able to test it this run, but does anything special (beyond great group damage) happen with this vs an oil cartel?--Hastifer (talk) 14:43, 25 March 2014 (UTC)