Talk:Possessed wine rack
Has anyone else looked at the wine bottles in terms of binary?
The numbers are 2 / 13 / 7 / 11, or 2C7A. Is this significant in any way? Other than the 11, and that Jick actually put a 13 into the game?
If the entire rack is taken as binary, I /think/ that it's the number 11643. Is that significant in any way?
--Tearra 08:43, 18 July 2007 (CDT)
That may be overthinking things a bit much.. but then, the bastard *did* make a book in the bookshelves clickable.. --Terry 09:15, 18 July 2007 (CDT)
Look, ma! No HTML manipulation!
Somehow, though the descriptors say that each bottle of wine will only drop in two corners, three bottles of wine in each corner, I've had both the rack and the wine steward drop all the bottles for me on more than one occasion, and considering that I not only know that Jick recoded the HTML so they won't all drop thru manipulating the code (hooray for paying attention to trivial updates), but I don't have the faintest idea how to do so. Anybody else get this, and know the frequency? Something to do with semi-rare adventures or something?--Arashmin 18:50, 26 October 2007 (CDT) Addition: Following adding this discussion edit, I fought another skeletal sommelier and he dropped four bottles of wine. But thinking about it now, this only started happening after I beat Lord Spookyraven. Perhaps his death breaks the curse on the basement that... helps organize his wine...
- I can confirm a six bottle drop from a wine rack before killing the lord... i'm in bad moon, should that matters --Worthstream 04:15, 22 November 2007 (CST)
|Era||Date||Encountered||dusty bottle of Marsala||dusty bottle of Merlot||dusty bottle of Muscat||dusty bottle of Pinot Noir||dusty bottle of Port||dusty bottle of Zinfandel||Information||Source|
|Era 1||03-Nov-07||3129||334||324||289||310||325||307||Item Drop Bonus: +0%||Yiab|
|03-Nov-07||1821||219||225||209||224||193||220||Item Drop Bonus: +20%||Yiab|
|03-Nov-07||1373||173||177||180||186||186||167||Item Drop Bonus: +30%||Yiab|
- Note: These drop numbers were gathered from multiple characters with each one spending approximately equal amounts of time in each corner.--Yiab 11:09, 3 November 2007 (CDT)
Moxie for no hit
- First, Monster Level has variance. Second, do you have any monster level boosting gear? Third, sign your posts. --TechSmurf 20:29, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
The racks certainly seem to have no drops now, aside from the quest-related vinegar. I have hit several racks with no drops, and I just hit one with +732% item/booze drops, and got no drops. (200% Natural dancer, 100% check hair, 27% of other minor boosts; 50% and 25% Booze from the sommelier's towel and tastevin, and 30% Booze from the friars.) I sent a message to radiobugbear asking if the dusty wines might drop again, but for now I'm going to remove them. It can always be reverted if they do put them back in. --Terion (talk) 22:05, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
- And, I just had a wine rack drop dusty bottles of Port and Merlot. I guess they fixed or re-added the drops. Time to change back the wiki... --Terion (talk) 02:11, 29 May 2014 (UTC)
I just tried a Yellow Ray (Ball Lightning, to be exact) and got no drops at all, so the conditional thing mentioned in the notes seems either wanted or not high on the priority list. But I had +180% item drops active at the time. Although I could just have been unlucky, is it possible that in this case a Yellow Ray actually prevents items from dropping? --Yatsufusa (talk) 11:05, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
What affects the bottle of Chateau de Vinegar?
So what, if anything, affects the chances of getting a Chateau from a rack? For spading purposes it'd be cool if people could list how many wine racks they fought before the Chateua dropped, and what booze drop and item drop they were running. -Darkcodelagsniper (talk) 22:36, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
|Racks fought||Item Drop||Booze Drop|
- I believe it is known (there's a thread on kolspading or similar that i can't remember) that the drop rate increases with each wine rack fought until you get it. This does make spading more difficult than usual, as you can probably imagine, but I recall hearing that it is affected by +items (as you'd expect), and I don't recall hearing whether it's been confirmed affected by +booze or not. --billybobfred (talk) 00:22, 7 February 2015 (UTC)