- What kind of content does this page need? Seems like enough, to me. --Jedibob5 14:21, 28 May 2006 (CDT)
Does anyone remember when hippy stones could be repaired? In "the old days (tm)", shattered hippy stones stayed shattered, so PvP was a much bigger decision. I'm trying to track down when the change was made. Thanks --Jest Phulin 22:43, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
Looks like this may be your answer - http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85399 - So Dec 20, 2004. I recall it being an undocumented change, there would be another forum post where I said that, but I wasn't able to turn it up. --Ashamalee 02:34, 27 March 2012 (CEST)
Uhh... help. I don't know what I did that made the table go all weird. It looked fine on the preview page. Meh 64 12 02:23, 12 July 2006 (CDT)
- Nevermind, I fixed it. Meh 64 12 02:23, 12 July 2006 (CDT)
- I don't believe wine tasting is most number of drinks consumed overall. A clanmate PvP'd me with a multi. I had 14 more kinds of booze consumed overall, yet I lost the wine tasting mini.--Bender 08:37, 13 July 2006 (CDT)
- More spading... another clannie attacked me, had 26 more kinds of booze and won wine tasting. So, I lost when I had more overall and I lost when I had fewer overall. I'm guessing it's current run only, so me, being in oxycore, would lose every time.--Bender 08:48, 13 July 2006 (CDT)
- Even more spading has proven that wrong as well.--Bender 13:54, 14 July 2006 (CDT)
- Wonder if "wine tasting" and "balanced diet" have more to do w/ total kinds per ascension vs lifetime. --Grimdel 14:43, 28 July 2006 (PDT)
- Perhaps it's whoever has closest to equal amounts of all booze consumed? For example, someone who has drank 37 bottles of gin and 2 bottles of every other kind of booze, would lose to someone who has drank 2 bottles of every booze. If it's a tie, I would assume it goes to the person with the most booze consumed. --Shima 22:29, 28 July 2006 (CDT)
- Perhaps it's the ratio of stat gains for the food/booze consumed during the ascension run. For example Hell Ramen (23 - 28 each substat) would be more balanced than Spaghetti with Skullheads (47 - 52 Muscle substats) in a head to head compairision. --StrawberryLetter23 14:11, 23 August 2006 (CDT)
- And there was great rejoicing - Wine Tasting/Diet Balance have been spaded and confirmed. Thus, the wiki was updated. --The Pain Train 15:55, 4 September 2006 (CDT)
Does attacking (or defending) in PvP take an adventure? It doesn't say. Pthalo 13:02, 13 July 2006 (CDT)
- Attacking takes a PvP adventure. Defending does not. -- Meh 64 12 13:26, 13 July 2006 (CDT)
- Let's be clear here. Attacking uses up a fight, of which you get 10/day, modified by a handful of items. It does not take an adventure, of which you get 40/day, modified by a LOT of items.--Bender 07:33, 14 July 2006 (CDT)
- Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure if took a fight and an adventure or just a fight. Good to know, if I decide to do PvP sometime. Pthalo 12:23, 17 July 2006 (CDT)
- Through some spading of my own, it appears as though... ties go to the attacker :/... Can anyone support/disprove this?--Rcraft1 20:38, 28 July 2006 (CDT)
- The opposite is true. Thus, the attacker can lose, say, number of effects, despite having no effects in operation at the time -- because defender always wins. (Not sure why nobody corrected this before; perhaps too obvious?) Acm 11:45, 25 August 2006 (EST)
- Ah, sorry, I meant just for the wine/food mini games. Every other mini game follows the 'defender wins' scenario, but from testing on multis, ties.. seem to go to the defender. However, in many cases, this will not be a tie. That is what I suspect, until I am proven otherwise when these minigames are fully spaded.*--Rcraft1 07:35, 28 August 2006 (CDT)
The article says "A player may only attack players if their ranks are greater than or less than fifty below their own." That doesn't make any sense. What should it say? Quadell 20:14, 16 July 2006 (CDT)
- I would phrase it "A player may only attack players with rank no lower than fifty points below their own. There is no upper limit to this range." --Bender 16:12, 18 July 2006 (CDT)
Impromptu Fashion Show
Does the TT level 15 skill affect this minigame? Does it actually double the power of hats and pants for pvp, or just for regular combat? I suggest someone who's good at spading pvp check this out ;) - and, of course, mark the results either way in the mini game information. -Holler 22:20, 7 September 2006 (CDT)
Wine tasting/balance diet mini's
Do these mini's reset at the start of the sneaky pete/feast of boris days? Meaning that on the feast everyone starts with no food for the balanced diet and food consumed on the feast is used for pvp's in the new 96 day period? Asking for clarification on which scenario is correct:
- 1: Feast is the first day of a new period for balanced diet. (pete's for wine tasting)
- 2: Feast is last day, the day after feast is the first day.
- 3: Food eaten on feast is counted for last period and next period (unlikely)
I think the page description indicates option number 1. Im sure the spaders would have worked this out. Its just not clear on the page. --Darkness 11:06, 19 October 2006 (CDT)
I've been trying to get someone (anyone) to answer this question. No-one knows. Which leads me to this conclusion: the assumption about when these pvp fight tables are reset is totally unfounded and should be removed from the page. Or listed as ?Possibly?. If not where is the proof?--Darkness 13:09, 22 October 2006 (CDT)
- Should the grammar be revised to possibly try to incorporate only ONE consistent pronoun instead of three or so? I'll also be linking up more guides soon enough. --MagiNinjA 22:40, 14 February 2007 (CST)
Dignity Formulae Spading
Here is an organized table to put your spading results in.
The way to do this is to add a new horizontal entry, as the vertical entries SHOULD have enough data to spade this thing.
Level is the level you were when entering the battle, NOT the level you were at AFTER it, as dignity hits can reduce your level.
Class is the class you were when entering the battle.
Substats (MUS/MYS/MOX) is the substats gained or lost after that pvp battle.
LEGEND: Does not necessarily need to be followed, but it'd be nice for purposes of organization.
TO ADD YOURSELF: Go to the bottom of the table right before the "|}" and copy paste:
|USERNAME || LEV || CLASS || SUBST. ||
"|-" signifies a table entry separation line.
TO ADD A NEW PVP ENTRY WHEN YOU ARE ON THE LIST: Go to YOUR entry in the table and at the end of your name and copy paste:
|- | || LEV || CLASS || SUBST. ||
I just got this. "There's some barbed-wire fence around your opponent's campsite. You manage to slide under it without injury." Does that mean PvP equipment CAN be avoided? That was the only message (out of like, 5 items) that seemed NOT to have a detrimental effect. I won all the minis though, so I can't tell :P --MagiNinjA (#1036193) (t|c) 01:29, 27 March 2007 (CDT)
there does seem to be a limit to how many points you can lose...at 0/0/2 (4/5) as a level 1 DB, I no longer lost points.--Foggy 06:15, 4 May 2007 (CDT)
I just got this minigame message from a PvP fight:
Gaotsucker challenges you to a dancing contest. You bust a move to beat the band, and deftly win the contest. WHAMMO!
I didn't found it on the page. Did I just missed it, or is it possibly that there ae some new/never indexed minigames? --Daeth eater 11:18, 6 September 2007 (CDT)
- Moxie stat comparison. --J12601 12:34, 6 September 2007 (CDT)
"Your opponent mumbled something, but you weren't paying attention." This is the message I got from someone attacking me who was on my ignore list. (This message replaced any taunt that would have otherwise been displayed.) --Atheoss 16:52, 18 March 2012 (CET)