Man. This has got to be just about the second luckiest thing you've ever seen.
(In-game plural: ten-leaf clovers)
- The Barrel full of Barrels
- The Heap
- I Refuse!
- 31337 scroll (after first use per Ascension) (1-2)
- disassembled clover
- fortune cookie
- green rocket (3) (Dependence Day only)
- Wearing a lucky Crimbo tiki necklace
- certain enemies Just the Facts
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
|You carefully pull the leaves off of your ten-leaf clover. It seems much less lucky now.|
- Prior to the 2022 revamp:
- Having a ten-leaf clover in your inventory unlocked special Clover Adventures in many different zones. When triggered, each Clover Adventure consumed one ten-leaf clover.
- Refraining from using a ten-leaf clover for any Clover Adventures or special clover uses (see further below) over the course of an entire Hardcore ascension unlocked the Bad Moon moon sign. Basically, if 'Your ten-leaf clover disappears in a puff of smoke' would appear, don't do it.
- Using a clover to make a green beer, a Lucky Surprise Egg, or (presumably) a blessed large box did not prevent unlocking Bad Moon.
- In order to avoid inadvertent special clover adventures, clovers could be used to convert them to disassembled clovers. Disassembled clovers could be used to restore them to ten-leaf clovers. This is still possible, but no longer useful.
- Note that in the Bees Hate You challenge path, disassembled clovers could not be used. To save clovers for later, players had to put them in Your Colossal Closet instead. The same is true as a G-Lover, where a ten-leaved clover could not even be disassembled at all.
- Clovers were almost unavailable during a Bad Moon run; the 31337 scroll would not give them, the Hermit would not trade them, they wouldn't drop in the Barrel Full of Barrels, and so on; however, they could still drop in the Heap (an oversight based on unexpected conditions: people were not, and still are not, exactly expected to get into Clan Dungeons during Bad Moon, largely lacking the resources to deal with any of the high-level enemies one might face there). Instead of a disassembled clover, characters beginning a Bad Moon run would receive a big rock (normally accessible only from a clover adventure) - as a way of allowing players to begin the (optional but often useful) Nemesis quest and obtain the Epic Weapon, when the big rock was a necessary ingredient to create it. (Nowadays everybody receives rocks instead of clovers, but they aren't useful any more since the start of the Nemesis quest has been revamped as well...)
- Clover Adventures would not work while falling down drunk.
- Clover strategy was an important part of hardcore ascension. It still is, now, but the clovers in question are the 11-leaved version, with the 10-leaved being an irrelevance.
- 1 of these can be used to add Occasional Hilarity to your pantogram pants.
- Using the Lemon Party Slot with a ten-leaf clover in inventory will still use the clover and give you a big rock. Stupid complicated game.
- Before the 2022 revamp, when using the Elf Farm Raffle ticket: you would win pagoda plans (one time only).
- Before the Naughty Sorceress revamp, when using the skeleton key in the A Perplexing Door: you get an automatic 11, and the clover would be consumed.
- This item references the four-leaf clover whose discovery is said to bring good luck.
"24" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.