Undefile the Cyrpt Quest/April 15, 2011
- In no particular order, adventure in the following four Cyrpt sub-locations until you defeat a mini-boss monster:
- After adventuring in each for at least 5-14 adventures, you have a chance to get a choice adventure which lets you fight area mini-boss. This adventure is superlikely (not affected by combat rate modifiers). That area will disappear from the map once the mini-boss has been defeated.
- When you have cleared all four areas, go to The Haert of the Cyrpt to fight the Bonerdagon:
- Open the chest to get some goodies. Take the Skull back to the Council and they'll give you a belt buckle.
- Even though the quest does not require you to clear the defiled areas in any particular order, you will want Spooky Resistance. The only items dropped here which offer it are the lihc face and the coffin lid, which are found in The Defiled Niche and The Defiled Alcove respectively. You can also get Spooky Resistance from the delectable lihc eye pie; the prime ingredient is available from The Defiled Niche and the Misspelled Cemetary (Pre-Cyrpt).
- Although the mini-bosses are all the same strength, the The Defiled Cranny has the easiest regular monsters.
- In each of the four defiled sections of the Cyrpt, a non-combat adventure unique to each section may occur (Turn Your Head and Coffin, Skull, Skull, Skull, Go Slow Past the Drawers, and Urning Your Keep). Each of these has three choices, in addition to an option to cancel without using an adventure. One of the choices in each case gives you a combat item. When you use two of this combat item on the mini-boss found in the same area as that combat item (for the conjoined zmombie, giant skeelton, and huge ghuol), they will be dead or very close to dead. The item for the gargantulihc causes a one hit KO when used on the mini-boss, and will only drop once anyway.
- The council will take the skull of the Bonerdagon and give you the dragonbone belt buckle.
- In your Quest Log, under completed quests, you will see: "You've undefiled the Cyrpt, and defeated the Bonerdagon. Hip, Hip, Hooray!"
- All the more powerful monsters you fought inside the Cyrpt (except the mini-bosses and the Bonerdagon itself) can now be found in The Misspelled Cemetary (Post-Cyrpt).
On initial visit:
- Recently, an aura of extreme Spookiness has begun to emanate from within the Cyrpt, near the Misspelled Cemetary. We fear that some horrible monster has taken up residence there, and begun to rile up the local undead.
- Would you be so good as to investigate?
On subsequent visits:
- The Spookiness still emanates from the Cyrpt, Adventurer. See if you can find and destroy the source, and bring us back proof of your conquest.
- Aha! So the Spookiness was coming from this abominable creature, was it? Well, you have our thanks, Adventurer, for your courageous act of undefilement.
- Please, allow us to fashion that skull into something a little flashier.
You acquire an item: dragonbone belt buckle