Your Mystical Bookshelf is a furnishing located at your Campground.
- Your campsite contains a lovely 3-shelf bookshelf -- handsome mahogany inset with mother-of-pearl mystical runes! It's got a shelf for Tomes, a shelf for Librams, and a shelf for Grimoires...
- Tomes: Tomes contain powerful spells. So powerful that you can only use your Tomes three times per day, lest you become absolutely corrupted by the absolute power.
- You have a Tome of Snowcone Summoning.
- You have a Tome of Sticker Summoning.
- You have a Tome of Sugar Shummoning.
- You have a Tome of Clip Art.
- You have a Tome of Rad Libs.
- You have a copy of The Smith's Tome
- (Your bookshelf doesn't have any Tomes on it.)
- Librams: Librams also contain powerful spells. Each time you use a Libram in a day, it'll take you more and more energy to use another one. Or the same one again. You'll get the idea once you start using them.
- You have a Libram of Candy Heart Summoning.
- You have a Libram of Divine Favors.
- You have a Libram of Love Songs.
- You have a Libram of BRICKOs.
- You have a Gygaxian Libram.
- You have a Libram of Resolutions.
- You have a Libram of Pulled Taffy
- (Your bookshelf doesn't have any Librams on it.)
- Grimoires: Grimoires contain... spells. Each Grimoire may be used once per day.
- You have McPhee's Grimoire of Hilarious Object Summoning.
- You have Sp'n-Zor's Grimoire of "Tasteful" Gifts.
- You have Sorcerers of the Shore Grimoire.
- You have a Thinknerd Grimoire.
- You have a Confiscator's Grimoire.
- (Your bookshelf doesn't have any Grimoires on it.)
- The bookshelf will only appear in your campground if you have used at least one Tome, Libram or Grimoire.
- The bookshelf is not affected by Hardcore or Ronin restrictions. However, it is not visible while in Bad Moon, although it was once possible to access the bookshelf through direct linking. Originally it was possible to use the books normally to cast spells this way, but this was soon fixed. Trying to go to the bookshelf will just redirect the player to the campground.
- Under the Zombie Slayer ascension path, the bookshelf is replaced with your open grave.
- Under the Trendy ascension path, books that are not usable are marked:
- Unfortunately, it's far too old to use.
- Books can be placed on your bookshelf while in Bad Moon, although it is not possible to cast the spells they grant until you have broken the prism, at which point the bookshelf becomes fully available for use until you ascend into Bad Moon again.
- The MP cost for summoning your nth Libram item is 1+(n*(n-1)/2), or 1+(1+2+3+...+(n-2)+(n-1)). This price resets upon rollover and ascension.
- The cumulative MP cost for summoning n Libram items is (n*(n²+5)/6) or (n*(n+1)*(n+2)/6)-(n*(n-1)/2).
- For illustration purposes, here is a table taking that calculation out to 1000 summons, which also inclues -MP to use Skills.
- The bookshelf was implemented on January 3rd, 2008, as a way to limit the disadvantage that new players down the line would experience by missing out on powerful, limited-time-only spellbooks such as the Tome of Snowcone Summoning. Prior to its implementation, spellbooks granted their skills, automatically marked Hardcore Permanent, directly to players.
- Outside of Hardcore/Ronin, you can use each Tome you own three times per day. Inside Hardcore/Ronin, you can use your Tomes three times per day total.
- The description of the Tome shelf references Lord Acton's famous dictum: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."