Possessed wine rack
|Possessed wine rack|
|Locations||The Haunted Wine Cellar|
|Monster Parts||leg, shelf|
|Quest||bottle of Chateau de Vinegar|
This is an old, splintering wooden wine rack that has been taken over by evil spirits and wants revenge against humans for the years that they used it as storage. It still has a lot of bottles of wine in it -- presumably some of the bottles have turned to vinegar, and judging by its aggressive behavior you'd say an equal number of them have turned to piss.
A bottle of fortified wine flies out of the rack and clocks you soundly -- apparently it was fortified with iron, or possibly lead.Ow! Argh! Ugh! Eek! Eek! Ugh!
A bottle of vermouth flies out of the rack and hits you right in yer mouth. Ooh! Oof! Ugh! Ouch! Ow! Oof!
A bottle of Chablis flies out of the wine rack and hits you. It turns out it was a pretty good year -- for concussions. Oof! Argh! Ow! Oof! Eek! Ooh!
A bottle of port flies at you, but you dodge to starboard.
The wine rack gallops toward you, but you manage to avoid being trampled.
A bottle of Chablis flies out of the wine rack and smashes into the wall. An aromatic vintage, but not so aerodynamic. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: dusty bottle of Marsala (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: dusty bottle of Merlot (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: dusty bottle of Muscat (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: dusty bottle of Pinot Noir (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: dusty bottle of Port (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: dusty bottle of Zinfandel (15% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: actual tapas (15% chance)*|
Occurs at The Haunted Wine Cellar.
- Bottles are chosen randomly. Up to 2 can drop from one combat (and they can be the same bottle).
All bottles are conditional drops (condition being which bottle drops in which corner of the wine racks) and thus cannot be pickpocketed.-- Could still be no-pickpocket and/or no-yellow-ray, but this needs spading. (There are no more Wine Racks and corners.)
- After reading a recipe: mortar-dissolving solution with Lord Spookyraven's spectacles equipped, a bottle of Chateau de Vinegar can drop, with a base drop rate of 5% that increases by 5% for each possessed wine rack encountered. The drop is conditional and cannot be yellow-rayed.
- When the drop is unsuccessful, you will get this message after the fight:
- You pick through the remains of the wine rack looking for a bottle of Chateau de Vinegar, but to no avail.
- Eventually, you will get the bottle:
- You pick through the remains of the wine rack and find a bottle of Chateau de Vinegar. Score!
|You acquire an item: bottle of Chateau de Vinegar|
- Prior to the Spookyraven Manor revamp on May 14, 2014, this monster occurred in the Wine Racks in the Spookyraven Manor Wine Cellar, and did nothing in terms of the bottle of Chateau de Vinegar.
- The dusty bottles of wine temporarily stopped dropping after the revamp, but began dropping again on May 28.
- Being "full of piss and vinegar" is an old phrase, probably originating in the early 20th century, meaning rowdy, boisterous, or full of energy.
- Port is a type of wine, as well as a nautical term meaning to the left of a vessel; starboard means to the right of a vessel.